Please contact us when you have an inquiry about our ACTI-GEL 208® or want to order a sample.Contact us
Acti-Gel 208® is a unique magnesium aluminium silicate offering a combination of excellent stability and workability for many water based products.
Acti-Gel 208® provides a very high viscosity at rest and an extreme low viscosity after applying a little shear (pseuplastic flow properties). Applications include:
- Self-levelling products, spray able concrete ( shotcrete) and self-compacting concrete
- Ceramic glazes
- Cement and gypsum based plasters
In all these applications, Acti-Gel 208® is rewarded for offering:
- Excellent stability, preventing settlement and segregation.
- Strong reduction of rebound in shotcrete.
- Minimizing pin holing and improved adhesion after firing in glazes
Acti-Gel 208® is also used as a unique binder for powders in many applications, including catalysts, ceramics and activated carbon. By replacing CMC in these formulations remarkable improvements of strength and extrusion properties can be achieved.