Active Minerals Int. is the world leader in attapulgite production. The company has its own mining facilities and offer high quality gelling grades. We represent Active Minerals in greater Europe since the year 2000 for the product lines mentioned below.
For more information or ordering a sample, please contact us.Contact us
Min-U-Gel® products are gelling grade attapulgites in powdered form, used as thickener in :
- Waterbased coatings and adhesives
- Plasters and joint compounds
- Bitumen based products
- Agricultural products
Advantages of using Min-U-Gel® in these products are:
- Low cost thickening
- Thickening is stable and reliable
- Strong thixotropic flow
Magnesium aluminium silicate
ACTI-GEL 208® is a unique magnesium aluminium silicate offering a combination of excellent stability and workability for many water based products.
ACTI-GEL 208® provides a very high viscosity at rest and an extreme low viscosity after applying a little shear ( pseuplastic flow properties) . Although launched in the year 2000, current applications include already:
- Self-levelling products, spray able concrete ( shotcrete) and self-compacting concrete
- Ceramic glazes
- Cement and gypsum based plasters
In all these applications, ACTI-GEL 208® is rewarded for offering:
- Excellent stability, preventing settlement and segregation.
- Strong reduction of rebound in shotcrete.
- Minimizing pin holing and improved adhesion after firing in glazes
ACTI-GEL 208® is also used as a unique binder for powders in many applications, including catalysts, ceramics and activated carbon. By replacing CMC in these formulations remarkable improvements of strength and extrusion properties can be achieved.
CIMGEL 2080® is Acti-Gel 208 pre-dispersed in water. The ideal solution for paint manufacturers. CIMGEL 2080 is pumpable and can be post-added.